Monday, December 17, 2012

I am Nothing and there is no such thing as a Fight


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Howard Arensberg
Hesperia, CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter,
I wrote you a few months back and wanted to thank you for your response to my question. Now I have a few more questions if you have a few minutes. In your book The Principles of Effortless Power
there were two quotes that have been perplexing me for the six years that I have had your book. The first one was "I am nothing and everyone else is nothing". The other one was "There is no such thing as fighting, never was never will be." Could you please clarify these for me? And my other question was what move did you win the World Championship with?
Sincerely yours,
Howard Arensberg

Howard,
I didn't win with a move. I won with an understanding and making active the principles of Cheng Hsin.
About the quotes: An assertion such as "I am nothing" is absolutely worthless unless directly experienced for oneself. And what's experienced is not "nothing" but what "I am." Therefore the description is not useful, only the experience. I'm speaking here about the absolute nature of Being, and so there is no way for the mind to actually understand what is being said. So just toss it out. In your
contemplation it is important that you set out to experience the truth, not some answer or belief of yours,
mine, or anyone else's. No matter whose answer it is or how good the belief is, neither are the truth or a
direct consciousness, so they are only in the way.

As far as "There is no such thing as a fight . . . " work on it. Where does the concept "fight" exist? Who
makes it up?
Good luck.
Peter

Attend a Seminar
More Info


No comments:

Post a Comment